Required Changes for 2015 and the 12 Most Common Mistakes
If your employee handbook hasn't been updated in the past six months, it's out of date. For example:
- Is your at-will statement an invitation to a massive NLRA lawsuit (based on the surprising NLRB ruling)?
- Do you realize that you can't prohibit discussions on pay and benefits?
- Have you provided clear rules on overtime and off-the-clock work?
- Have you updated your FMLA policy to reflect same-sex marriage couples' rights to FMLA leave? Do you know which same-sex marriages are considered valid?
- Have you changed your handbook to reflect the latest DOL rules on nursing mothers?
- Have you updated your leave policies to include time off for employees with relatives in the military … or to prohibit moonlighting while on FMLA leave?
- Have you changed your ADA reasonable accommodations policy to include accommodating pregnant employees?
- Do you have a loyalty, no-gossip or civility statement that could land you in court?
Your employee handbook can be an invaluable organizational tool … or an employment lawsuit waiting to happen. And in recent years, Congress and state legislatures have been busy enacting laws that directly affect your employee handbook. If you haven't kept up, you could find yourself in court.
On Friday, June 12, learn how to avoid disaster. Nationally recognized author, educator and attorney Anniken Davenport has updated her popular interactive webinar Employee Handbooks: Required Changes for 2015 and the 12 Most Common Mistakes.
Join us to find out how the new trends and regulations affect you. In this fast-paced 75-minute session, you'll discover:
- Up-to-the-minute HR changes to add to your handbook
- What NEVER to tell employees after their probation period ends
- How to avoid "the accidental contract”
- 12 handbook errors that will get you creamed in court – and how to avoid them
- Things that should be in a handbook – and things that SHOULDN'T
- And much, much more!
You'll learn practical, easy-to-understand tips for spotting mistakes in your employee handbook – and exactly how to fix them. Because this is an interactive event, Anniken will also answer all of your handbook-related questions.
So don't let your once-helpful employee handbook become your organization's worst enemy. Join us on June 12 for this dynamic and insightful presentation!
Pat DiDomenico, Editorial Director
P.S. Registration Bonus. If you register for Employee Handbooks, you'll receive Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook, our Special Report that shows you how to fix the 10 errors that lurk in almost every handbook.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus. You'll also get one month of members-only access to HR Specialist: Premium Plus. This unique service allows you to conduct self-assessments of your HR needs … ask a top attorney your employment-law questions … and gain access to our archive of HR articles.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Employee Handbooks: Required Changes for 2015 and the 12 Most Common Mistakes fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your tuition – every penny you paid – but your course materials, bonus report and website access will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.
Multimedia CD & Download: $197
Webinar, Multimedia CD & Download: $297
Since this is a webinar, you and your entire staff can attend in the comfort of your office or conference room for one low price! You may include as many people as you wish while listening on a single phone line or computer. Contact us for multi-site discounts.
About Your Speaker:
Anniken Davenport is a noted employment law attorney and the editor of the HR Specialist state employment law newsletter series. She has authored several books, including Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook and Overtime & Other Tricky Pay Issues, published by HR Specialist. She is the co-author of the upcoming Labor & Employment Law for the 21st Century by Prentice Hall. Anniken has served as a professor at Penn State University, where she taught business law and HR management, and she directed the Legal Studies Program at Wilson College. Her legal career includes representing government units in discrimination and other employment law cases and
representing school districts in labor negotiations.
You'll receive Bullet-Proof Your Employee Handbook. This Special Report – one of our all-time best-sellers – shows you how to fix the 10 errors that lurk in almost every handbook, so you can safeguard your organization against devastating litigation. Priced at $39.95, its true value is beyond calculation. And this download is yours – IF you register today.
Extra Added Bonus:
You'll also receive one month of members-only access to HR Specialist: Premium Plus – our comprehensive electronic information service at
TheHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus features online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
This event has been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). "The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria
to be pre-approved for recertification credit."