What next for Europe in driving Green Growth?
15 October 2015 | 12:00 – 14:30
EurActiv Network Office | 1 Bd. Charlemagne, 1041 Brussels
Green Growth has become a key response to climate change, increasing population and the use of natural resources. The travel and tourism sector – “Travelism” – can play a strategic role. The sector contributes to job creation, GDP and trade; but how should we manage its impact in terms of carbon emissions, resource usage and intensive people movement?
- Philip OWEN, Head of Unit Transport and Ozone, DG CLIMA
- Michael O'BRIAIN, Deputy Head of Unit Nature, DG ENVIRONMENT
- Davor ŠKRLEC, MEP
- Maria GRAPINI, MEP [tbc]
- Ignace SCHOPS, President, EUROPARC FEDERATION
- Geoffrey LIPMAN, Director, Greenearth.travel
- Tom Goldberg MBE, Chair, SUN ARK
- How can “Travelism” be transformed into a driver of sustainable development and green growth?
- What real changes are needed to reduce Carbon emissions and what is the role of Europe in driving these changes on a global context?
- How can we bring developing communities and green growth together?
In the meantime, should you have any inquiries about this event, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Strategic Projects Assistant
+32 (0)2 226 5823